Breakfast casserole recipes are an excellent way to benefit from a effortless and delectable meal on Christmas morning. Prepare this casserole on Christmas Eve, toss it in the crock pot and you and your family can enjoy a hot breakfast casserole meal on Christmas morning.
Of course, you don’t have to just limit this wonderful breakfast casserole to Christmas morning. This also makes a great breakfast for New Year’s Day, weekends or anytime you want a hot breakfast.
- 1 ½ lbs of frozen hash browns
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 16 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the bottom and sides of a large crock pot with cooking spray
- Evenly place hash browns at the bottom of the crock pot
- Brown the breakfast sausage on high heat in a pan, drain and set aside.
- Dice bell pepper and onion
- Whisk 12 eggs, milk, salt and pepper, bell pepper and onion in a large bowl
- Add breakfast sausage on top of hash browns
- Top the hash browns with the bag of cheese
- Mix breakfast sausage, hash browns and cheese together
- Pour the egg mixture over the crock pot mixture
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours