I just had to post this. This is so good for those cold nights when nothing else seems to be able to warm you up. This is an easy and healthy chicken chili recipe that blends herbs and spices for a delicious meal the entire family will love. Plus, it is Whole 30, Paleo, and Keto diet compliant. So, if you are watching your weight, be sure to try this out. Put a bit of cauliflower rice in a bowl and top with this Buffalo Chicken Chili. Yum Yum! Let me know how you liked this.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 pounds all-white meat ground chicken breast
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 5 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce, depending on how hot you like it
- 1 15-ounce can of tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped (a couple of handfuls)
- Place a large pot over medium-high heat
- Add 1 tablespoon EVOO
- Once the butter has melted and the pot is hot, add the ground chicken. Brown it, using the back of a wooden spoon to break it up in to small pieces, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the carrot, onion, celery, garlic, paprika, bay leaf and some salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes. Add the chicken stock and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add the hot sauce, tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes, and bring up to a bubble.
- Simmer for 8-10 minutes to let the flavors come together.
- Top each serving of buffalo chicken chili blue cheese.
Yields: 4 servings