It is that time of year again for all things pumpkin pie spice related. Even Starbuck’s has a pumpkin pie latte. But, with these yummy treats comes loads of calories, fat, and carbohydrates that are not very flattering to the waistline.
This healthy frozen pumpkin pie smoothie tastes just like a slice of Thanksgiving Day pumpkin pie in a glass. This frozen smoothie is loaded with fiber, vitamin A and potassium and is low in calories and fat. Try this awesome thick and creamy pumpkin pie smoothie as a holiday treat.
- 1 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, frozen
- 1/4 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 frozen ripe banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Whipped cream and cinnamon, for garnish (optional)
- Mix together the milk, oats, and chia seeds in a bowl.
- Cover and place bowl in the refrigerator for 4-8 hours until oats and chia seeds have soaked up most of the milk.
- Place soaked oat mixture with pumpkin, molasses, maple syrup, frozen banana, and spices into blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add 5 ice cubes and continue blending until ice cold.
- Serve with whipped cream and a dash of ground cinnamon on top (optional)